Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Power sharing governments in Africa... what a joke

Dare I say that if I were Laurent Gbagbo truly I would be ashamed - but not a smidgen of shame on his face as he marched up the red carpet in his self-declared victory parade to inaugurate himself leader once again - how shameful!

If Cote d’Ivoire ends up with a power sharing government I think I'll have to do much to stop from hurling my entire insides out.

Power sharing governments do not work and it makes me ill that so much is given to despots the majority of people they once led do not want anymore.
I see power sharing governments as a way to pacify tantrums like one would pacify a child by offering them candy.
Only in the case of governance the candy are the people of a country who go out to vote and their votes are insulted by making the loser a winner.

Anyway for those that think power sharing government are a way forward - I do welcome your thoughts.

I think they are a MASSIVE joke and a huge impediment to progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment